Thursday, May 26, 2011

Art Crawl Piece


It has been a very full couple of weeks! I have decided that busyness is, among many things, the enemy of creativity.

The June Art Crawl student scholarship benefit, Affair of the Arts http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=148358991898930 has been on my radar for months. Students and staff member of Ai Nashville are donating small pieces to be auctioned off to benefit the student scholarship fund. Along with being an excuse to do something fun and creative, it is near and dear to my heart because it benefits students who need financial help pursuing a creative career.

Of course, I have put my piece off until the last minute and am in danger of missing the deadline. But that shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. My opinion is that it just proves that do indeed have a creative personality type. All artists are flaky, right??? That's what I tell myself anyway.

So I have finally started. These pictures are of the "canvas" and my sadly neglected acrylic paints. You can see the final piece once I am done. Right now it looks somewhat like a paint-by-number. Brings back memories...

I decided (or maybe my budget decided) to repurpose an old hardback cover as my canvas. Now before you book lovers flip out, you should know that it is a theology book. See, that brought you back around :). My idea is to repurpose some old jewelry odds and ends to create a mixed media piece. I have to get it Monday and I will be in Chicago until Monday evening.. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment